Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Treasure Hunt

As I set out towards North Webster after lunch, I noticed the sky’s split personality. Towering puffy white clouds against a pale blue for the most part, but low-hanging glowering gray clouds to the northeast where I was headed. A few splotches of rain on the windshield were all I experienced. The farm fields are still brown, but the pastures where the horses graze sport bright green. 55 mph increased the mpg of the Prius and I didn’t even use up one pip on the fuel gauge. I enjoyed the drive thru the countryside, but have mixed feelings about the results.
The new shop where I stopped that advertised fabric for pillows, etc. was a bust. Heart of the Lakes Antique Mall where I never expected to find a fabric remnant had a suitable option for the lampshade I want to cover. I bought it, but now that I am home I can’t decide if I like the fabric enough to invest the work of covering the shade. The print is a little busy maybe. What do you think?



The lamp to be covered. Shade is in good shape but yellowed.


I’ve never tried covering a shade. The internet has instructions, though. 

I looked last week at several places in Fort Wayne. Didn’t really see anything I loved. Don’t really love this, but better than what I have seen so far.



I guess I should go to Lowery’s Sewing Store here in Warsaw before doing anything. This remnant is 2 1/2 yards (I only need 1 yard) and I could use it as a table cloth on my small table if I don’t use it to cover the shade. I had looked at a few fabric-by-the-yard offerings on Etsy, but so hard to judge by a photo the true colors and texture. The one I liked best would be shipped from Hong Kong and the shipping cost is almost what I paid for the remnant today. I only paid $10 for the lamp so I don’t want to spend a lot for the shade redo. Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment