Thursday, May 24, 2012

Happy Day

Yesterday afternoon was the annual May Ladies Tea at my retirement community. The theme was purses, and we were asked to bring interesting purses to share. If you were aware of fashion in the 80’s, you will recognize the Bermuda bag pictured here. I at one time had 4 interchangeable covers, but when I unpacked after our move from Dallas, TX I found some holes in the brown wool cover. Moths (possible) or crickets (highly likely) had munched on the wool. I took the bag to the tea and held it up to the group to explain how it works.

 

The table centerpieces were purses purchased at garage sales with a small pot of New Guinea impatiens sitting inside the purse. One lady had made the table favors (over 100), small fabric tissue holders to put in one’s purse or pocket. Kudos Carol.

                     

                                                                                                                  

 Sorry the photo isn’t sharper. Isn’t it cute with the polka-dotted red trim? There were a variety of fabrics used, but I love mine.

Last night I did a lot of updating of the fiction lists for our retirement library and prepared some things to put up a new  library bulletin board tomorrow.                                    

 After a somewhat wearying evening, shortly before bedtime I discovered the Painted Garden blog. If you love flowers and gardens and teapots and teacups, this site is a feast for the eyes. What beautiful photos. I went to bed with a smile on my face. Put a smile on yours by going there.

No comments:

Post a Comment