Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Stocking Up on Food to Hibernate

 Because of my Home Chef meals at the end of last week, I didn't do a grocery store order for pick up until Monday. I thought I would do another order this weekend.

 After seeing the weather forecast, I decided to go to Martin's supermarket this afternoon. We mainly needed milk for next week. We are now well-stocked for the winter storm headed our way. We are on the line between rain and snow. We will probably get some snow, however, and because of the plummeting temperatures that snow will probably hang around. Welcome to northern Indiana January. 

I missed two of my Bible study sessions because of COVID. The group has been on a break because of the school district holiday/winter break. On Monday around 9 a.m. it will probably be zero degrees when I head over to the main building at Grace Village to join the group. I also have choir practice starting up again in the afternoon. Those folks who live in the apartments have the luxury of staying inside to get to those activities. The rest of us will have to bundle up.

I don't have any other activities next week so I plan to hunker down and hibernate in my warm home. My husband gets cabin fever; we'll see how quickly he braves the cold for a change of venue. 

I baked some zucchini bread this morning from my thawed-out frozen grated zucchini from summer. I bought some croissants on sale at Martin's. I was pleased to find that Aldi's still has its "holiday" cranberry and almond chicken salad. Chicken salad croissant in our near future. Martin's had a quarter of a pie for sale this week. I picked out peach which we will eat tonight. I have a bunch of chicken cordon bleu pieces in the freezer. I think we may end up eating that for our Sunday mid-day meal at home for a change. 



The forecast is for highs below 20 degrees most of next week. Brrr.

Hope you are stocked up well for whatever is coming your way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment