Sunday, January 21, 2024

Sayonaras

 Usually, I have ants coming into my home in the spring when it rains, but the past few months they have appeared in the cold weather. From what I have read in the minutes of the Robin Hood (condo) council minutes, other people are being bothered by these pests now, too. 

When they become rather numerous and frequent, I resort to spraying pesticide. The benefit is that the ant spray leaves a residue behind that keeps killing ants for quite a while. I find little black specks (bodies) instead of crawling insects on my kitchen and bathroom floors. 

This recent infestation has not been conquered by my normal measures. They disappear for a week maybe, then they are back. 

I see them in my bathroom now by twos or threes. They crawl out from under the bathtub where there is a small gap between the tub and the flooring. Once, they crawled out from under the toilet. 

When I bring the toilet tissue down to smash them, I have started saying sayonara. I don't think of myself hunting for ants, but looking for opportunities to say sayonara.

No comments:

Post a Comment