Saturday, December 30, 2023

Amaryllis and Christmas Goodies

 

I suggested to my husband that I would like an amaryllis for Christmas. He bought me two! In the past the plant has been in a pot. I have never seen them attached to a decorative board. On Christmas day none of the blossoms were visible. Today the first bloom opened fully. You can see there are some more flowers slowly opening.


The bulb on the other board has growth, but not yet stems.


It will be nice to have a second plant that blooms later in the winter.

We still have Christmas goodies to eat.


I bought the Cheryl's cookies for myself. I froze some of them. Just 5 left on the plate. 

The red tin holds the last of the Moose Munch. There were 3 bags, and I must confess though they were a gift to my husband, I am the one who has eaten most of it. We did get an early pre-Christmas start to munching.


The See's walnut fudge I just opened up today. I have been saving it for this weekend. I had a piece at lunch. Delicious!


Still have in the jar peppermint pretzels that I bought pre-COVID. I opened the large bag around Thanksgiving time. We are still working on the tuxedo cake I bought on sale at Costco. I froze some of it; looks like we will finish the unfrozen pieces for New Year's Eve for my husband's birthday. I am grateful that I did not lose my sense of smell or taste from the COVID infection. 

HAPPY 2024 TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

No comments:

Post a Comment