Friday, December 8, 2023

COVID Drops In

 My husband and I have been pretty careful about exposing ourselves to the COVID virus. Starting in November we went back to live streaming our church services. I mostly do my grocery shopping online with parking lot pickup. It is true that my husband goes to the Y to work out 3 or 4 times a week. Last Saturday he went to the Wawasee Middle School craft show, a humongous affair. 

Tuesday afternoon he felt ill with runny nose and fever and chills. Wednesday morning he took a home test for COVID. He tested positive. His doctor's office had him come in to use its test. Yes, he has the virus. 

Wednesday morning I had a runny nose. Thursday a headache and sore throat. Last night a cough and chills. I took a home test yesterday; it was negative. This morning with a temp of 100.2 I tested again. Yes, I have COVID. 

We both received the Moderna Spikevax in October. Hopefully that will keep us from getting terribly ill. 

My husband received a prescription for Paxlovid. He is feeling better after a few days of taking the medicine. I had a teleconference health visit this afternoon. I too was prescribed Paxlovid. 

It is a busy time of year. We were to go to a Christmas concert Sunday afternoon. My husband will be out of isolation Sunday. If he feels up to it, he may attend the concert with his sister. He has to wear a mask the second round of 5 days. I won't be out of isolation until Monday. I probably won't attend Bible study, maybe not choir practice. Our choir has its Christmas concert Friday night. Will I be able to sing? Not unless I feel a lot better in the next few days. Time will tell. 

The nurse practitioner I spoke with during the video conference was surprised I had not had COVID prior to this. Over 3 1/2 years since it started, COVID finally came home to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment