Friday, May 19, 2023

Costco Blues

 After my morning appointment in Fort Wayne with the hiatal hernia surgeon, I browsed a bit in Macy's and Penney's. I have to stop and sit fairly often or the pain in my butt and legs gets very bad from the neurogenic claudication. I bought a pair of navy slacks at Macy's. Then after lunch at Panera, I shopped in the Hallmark store near the  big mall.

My final stop was Costco. I picked up some Flonase Sensimist. I put a rotisserie chicken in my cart and a large package of mini naan (which are almost always out of stock in my grocery store online order). 

As I rolled my cart to check-out I saw some blue kitchen towels on sale. 8 towels for $13.99. I have been wanting to replace many old faded towels. Blue being my favorite color, I knew I would be pleased to own these. They are in several shades of blue, and a few are not terry but woven material. I hung two in the kitchen yesterday and so far have liked the quality of them. A fortuitous find. 


The blue and white towel I already owned. I roll my towels rather than stacking them, a Marie Kondo influence holdover. 

Yesterday I received the authorization letter from my insurance company for my June 7th laminectomy. The surgeon's scheduler called me to go over some health and medication history. The laminectomy will take place at 3:30 p.m. I didn't ask the expected length, but on the internet it says such surgery done at several levels takes 2 hours or more. I see on Fort Wayne Orthopedics portal that a second surgeon is listed. The scheduler said that since it will be late afternoon, I most likely will spend the night in the hospital. Actually, I am glad to do that as I should get some instruction and help on how to get in and out of bed. Things are lining up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment