Friday, May 26, 2023

Memorial Day Weekend

 We don't have any special plans for this weekend. One of my neighbors was sitting outside fixing up flower urns to place on her parents' graves. That got me thinking that it has been many years since we stopped by my husband's parents' graves at Oakwood Cemetery. I think we may try to go tomorrow. I tried to find a grave locator online because I only dimly remember the location. I found a photo of their tombstone, but nothing noting the plot location. However, it is a fairly small cemetery, and I do know in a general way how to get to their resting place. They are not far into the row.


My back-door neighbor in the past has encouraged me to help myself to some of his peonies. I couldn't ask him this year because he is back in the hospital. His wife is with him in Fort Wayne every day and comes home only to sleep at night. This was the first bloom to open (yesterday). There are several more opening today. 

I do not do in-store shopping much anymore, but I went to Martin's to pick up a few items. They had sweet corn 5 ears for 99 cents with the digital coupon. I could see the kernels at the top of the cob were rather undeveloped, but at that price I bought them. Tonight we will eat them. I have had post-op trouble with frozen corn, but I will eat slowly and see how it goes. While in the store, I saw some patriotic cookies which I bought.


Usually, I would grill brats for Memorial Day. My only experience with sausage after my surgery was a breakfast sausage link at Bob Evans. That didn't go well. So instead, we will grill Impossible Burgers. I will only be able to eat it open-faced on the bottom of the bun, no top bun. I wish I could say my eating is completely normal, but alas it is not. I have seen some improvement though. The doctor feels that it will continue to get better.
 
Have a wonderful holiday whatever you are doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment