Thursday, January 12, 2023

Post-Christmas

We ordered an office chair through our local Staples since all they had in stock was a display model. We were originally told it would arrive no later than December 19th. It was a Christmas present to us. There was a snafu requiring contact with the Staples complaint site and waiting more weeks. The original chair was never picked up by UPS or was lost or who knows. Staples reordered for us. It arrived several weeks after the promised date. We now have it at our computer desk. My husband did a fine job assembling it.


I have been slowly taking down the Christmas decorations. This afternoon my husband put the sleigh with bears and the Christmas music CD and tape cases on the upper shelf of the closet.


The poinsettia still looks good; I left it on the table in the sunroom though I put the Christmas tablecloth away. 

Last week I had a manometry test at Lutheran Downtown Hospital (Fort Wayne). Several hours later I had an EGD (upper scope) with Bravo placement. I also was given some sheets of paper ("diary") to mark down sleeping, eating, and times and duration of symptoms such as reflux, chest pain, heatburn. Monday we returned the recorder box and diary to the hospital.


The doctor said to make a follow-up appointment 1 to 2 weeks after the procedures. When I called, there were no appointments this week and next week he is out of the office all week. The earliest opening was January 24th. I am in limbo again waiting for answers. The nurse who did the manometry test told me it did indicate some swallowing difficulties. That will certainly factor in to any decison about surgery.

Northern Indiana is having one of the warmest Januarys since data was recorded. That is forecast to change in another week. Currently no snow on the ground. It is gray and gloomy most days, though we did have sunshine yesterday. 

My husband started back to the Y this week to work out. He had not been since the Pandemic started. I am a little skitterish because I do not want COVID to interfere with any needed surgeries. We do go out to restaurants, and next Monday I will be in the Grace Village choir as it starts up after the Christmas break. There are cases of COVID in our community, but not a lot. 

What is the COVID situation where you live?

No comments:

Post a Comment