Thursday, December 29, 2022

The Spider Won

 We have been enjoying the See's fudge my sister sent us from California. Only a few pieces left now. I would highly recommend it. It is not too sweet, just right, and chock full of walnuts. I put it in a Christmas tin covered with plastic wrap to keep it from drying out once I sliced it into pieces; it comes as a big slab.


All that remains

This morning after breakfast I saw a small insect on the counter. It looked like a spider. This was an extraordinary spider it turns out. I brought the heel of my right hand down to smash it, and it jumped from the counter into the adjacent kitchen sink. I didn't go after it  right away because my hand was hurting. I guess I "broke" a vessel. By the time I looked again I could not see it. I have a purple hand. The spider won.


We have mostly grass to view from our windows as we are in the 40's and today 50's. Rain the next few days will finish off the piled-up snow. Have a blessed 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment