Friday, December 23, 2022

In the Deep Freeze

 Today is not fit for man or beast. We woke to minus 9 degrees; at lunch it was minus 3 but predicted to start falling again soon. The winds are around 25 mph, but there are definitely gusts higher than that. The birds have enough sense to hunker down somewhere and not come to the bird feeders. We probably have all the snow we will see from this storm, unlike areas near Lake Michigan. It isn't the amount but the blowing of the snow that reduces visibility and drifts roads shut.


This is what my front door looks like currently. Our polywood porch rockers are coated with snow, too.

I put out my holly placemats last night. The Pfaltzgraff Winterberry trivet I have owned several years; the coasters also have been around many years. It is a set with different birds depicted.




Tomorrow I am going to make split pea and ham soup for lunch. I sometimes make this for New Years, but with our blustery weather I decided to cook up a batch sooner.


This afternoon I will have a cup of hot chocolate and a cookie as I enjoy my warm comfortable home. My bathroom scale decided to die (it has a digital display) this morning so I guess I can feast on goodies with no worry of seeing the "damage".

Merry Christmas to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment