Thursday, August 11, 2022

Pleasant Days

 After a front that brought rain on Tuesday, our weather has become delightful. Low humidity and now for the next 7-8 days temperatures in the 70's. A slight chance of rain this weekend and the next.

I am ready to start a new book. I will sit on the front porch this afternoon and begin reading. 

I spent the last two days working on a jigsaw puzzle. It is 500 pieces, and I did it all by myself; my husband did not help. 

My Syracuse market bouquet held up well until yesterday. That is 5 days of beauty. I have downsized it using the few blooms that still look good.



I took advantage of the nicer weather to clean up my patio plot. I staked up and trimmed some of the Veronica (Speedwell).


 The moss roses are plentiful now. They used to close up around noon, but now they open later in the morning and close around 3 p.m. 



I have spinal injections scheduled on August 23rd. This time I am having them done in a physical medicine clinic in Fort Wayne rather than at Kosciusko Hospital. I will take a mild sedative but not have conscious sedation. I hope that being alert during and shortly after the injections, I will be able to give better feedback to the orthopedist on September 5th.

My sister-in-law gave us some sweet little tomatoes. I would like to go to the Warsaw Farmers market this Saturday. I know I will have to sit several times. I hope the light rain forecasted will not be in the morning while the market is open.

Schools in our area are starting up again this week and next. People's thoughts are turning to autumn already. It is nice that the football players won't have to practice in hot weather.

Hope you are enjoying these August days as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment