Saturday, August 6, 2022

Syracuse Artisan and Farmers Market

 

I made a little outing this morning. I went to the Syracuse Artisans and Farmers Market. This is held in a city park. I knew from the photos that there was a picnic shelter with benches and tables. Also, some benches scattered around the park. I didn't need to worry about doing too much walking as there were only about 7 booths. I did sit down near the fountain once, but mostly to get my phone out so I could take pictures. The market's Facebook page shows all kinds of interesting baked goods, produce, crafts, but not much there today. I was disappointed.


This pond with a fountain bordered Highway 13, also known as Huntington. This is the main drag. I saw two Amish buggies on the road. Actually, I mostly heard horses' clip clops and quickly looked up to see the back of the buggies. No time to get my phone ready to shoot a picture. The water for the pond comes from a creek running beside the park, but it was fenced off so I couldn't get a decent photo of the creek and spillway.


Besides the memorial next to the cannon at the entrance there is near the fountain a ring of flags. They are at half-staff currently because Congressional District 2 representative Jackie Walorski was killed Wednesday in an automobile crash. 3 others also died. 



The playground and picnic shelter are in the background.

I did buy a bouquet.


It was foggy this morning and overcast in the park. The temperature was about 76 degrees, but the humidity is high today.

On Monday we saw the report on the TV announcement channel that residents in healthcare and the independent apartments were sick with Covid. There were 3 employees listed. Today there are 13 employees with Covid. This makes it very hard to meet needs because of short staffing. 10 healthcare residents and 11 apartment residents listed. I wore a mask on Wednesday when I went to the GV salon for my haircut. If we decide to get the Sunday mid-day meal from the diningroom we will probably ask for takeout. We may go to a restaurant instead, but there is an uptick of cases in the community too. We are listening to our church service on the computer now.

One of the Grace Village workers has been on leave to spend time with her daughter in a Cincinnati hospital. Addi Kubley died Tuesday. She was six years old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment