Saturday, August 13, 2022

Kosciusko County Farmers Market

 We are forecast to have rain today but so far it has held off. That meant a dry time at the Kosciusko County Farmers and Artisan Market downtown in Warsaw.

I found a parking spot about a block from the booths. I did sit down twice (midway through my shopping, and on a bench near the courthouse before making the trek to the car). I wish there were more produce vendors and not so many non-food vendors. I did buy some flowers though so I was glad there were people selling them.


I bought some small yellow tomatoes. The red tomatoes in the bowl are what remain from the delicious sweet tomatoes my husband's sister gave us. I bought a large tomato to slice for our bacon and tomato sandwich.


A small package of snickerdoodle cookies for me and a few peanut butter cookies for my husband. He is not a fan of snickerdoodle, yet he chose to eat one at lunch even though I had both packets on the table. 

Yesterday I picked up from Lutheran Kosciusko Hospital (it has been renamed from Kosciusko Community Hospital) a disc containing the images from my MRI. The doctor who will be doing the nerve root blocks asked that I bring copies on film or on a disc on August 23rd. I have a list of my meds on a card I keep in my wallet, but I think I will type up a list they can keep. However, Physical Medicine Consultants do have a list as this is the place I had the electrodiagnostic testing, and meds were a part of the voluminous paperwork I had to fill out. 

There was an article in the local newspaper about the arrests of two people wanted on murder charges. The address where they were picked up is just about a block over from me on Wooster Road. The man and woman were fugitives from Indianapolis. Not the brightest people. They were recorded on a doorbell camera at the house where they thought there was lots of money, including the actual shooting. Then when they were in the house they discovered the elderly father of the victim. They stole his cell phone. The phone was not turned off and tracked them at several locations including where they were staying in Winona Lake. They have been returned to Indianapolis to wait in jail until all of the procedures are followed.

An easy supper tonight: leftover Southwest chicken to be microwaved. I will make a lettuce salad with yellow and red tomatoes. For dessert I will nuke the leftover blueberry sauce and serve the sauce over lemon pudding in the little glass "sherbet" cups that belonged to my mother-in-law. 


I didn't sleep too well last night. Don't know if the nap will come before or after playing Wordle. The way I feel right now I think it will be pre-Wordle.



No comments:

Post a Comment