Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Sunny Yellow Daffodils

 I have about two dozen daffodils in bloom now. Today was warmer though windy. Whether the flowers will survive the wind and the colder temperatures of Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday remains to be seen. I snipped a few daffodils to bring inside so I will have something to enjoy if the others suffer harm.


With the vase of daffodils on the dining table, I moved the Easter lily and the Godiva bunnies to the sunroom.


The lily blooms are starting to open and heavily perfume the air.

Speaking of bunnies, I visited our new Rural King store this morning. It had a mini Rex of brown and white and a white rabbit that wiggled its cute pink nose at me. This store reminds me of Big R which closed down in our town. Rural King is in the old K-Mart building. We have had quite a few business closures the past few years: Hallmark store, K-Mart, Pier One, Carson's, Ace Hardware, Big R (though it was purchased by R and P--I have yet to go into that store).

I knew from the ads that they had baby chickens in Rural King. The store painted yellow chicken feet on the floor to follow to the pullets. There were many tubs but only two had heat lamps. The first tub only had two little chicks, but from the tub across the way I could hear lots of peeping. Yep, that tub had dozens of baby chicks crowded together. I don't know why the two in the first tub had been separated from the others. They looked slightly bigger so maybe they are all that was left from an earlier batch. 

I knew they would put a smile on my face; I haven't had much to smile about lately. The daffodils also perked me up. Sometimes you just have to go out and seek sunshine and smiles.

Have a blessed Easter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment