Friday, April 15, 2022

Have a Blessed Easter

 

The daffodils in the vase still look pretty good, but I moved them to the living room and put these pink tulips in their place.


Tomorrow I am going to put on the table these spring placemats that I bought at my deceased neighbor's estate sale. We have lots of sunshine today and slightly warmer temperatures, but Easter Sunday will only be around 45 degrees.

Today I bought some asparagus to go with our pork tenderloin with orange sauce and wild rice. For dessert I was going to serve cheesecake, and I saw this package of just two slices of chocolate marbled slices which would be just the right size for us; but then I saw these little mini key lime pies. I haven't decided yet which to serve.


Yesterday we drove to Fort Wayne to buy some porch rocking chairs that we had looked at a week before. Originally we looked for gliders as that is what we have owned for about 40 years. Really hard to find gliders especially attractive-looking ones. A lot of patio/porch furniture the buyer has to wait 2-3 months for arrival. 

The old gliders which are somewhat rusty and with thinning mesh were donated to Habitat for Humanity Resale Store. My husband didn't think they would want them and was going to put them in a dumpster, but he checked there first and they said they would be glad to have them.

 Today I bought two cushions for the rocking chairs at Meijer. Next weekend is predicted to be warm; we will finally have good weather for sitting on the front porch.




No matter your weather, no matter your plans, have a blessed Easter remembering the risen Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment