Wednesday, February 24, 2021

More New Placemats

 



Tuesday my husband and I drove to Shipshewana. He wanted to look for boots at Yoder Department Store. While he tried on boots, I shopped the housewares area. I bought 4 placemats. I hadn't spent all of my birthday money on walking shoes; the funds left I used to buy 4 placemats. The blue is actually a little lighter than the photo shows. 

We ate a nice (large) lunch at the Blue Gate restaurant. It was so crowded! I guess other mostly older people had the same itch to travel on a bright and sunny day as we did. I brought a big slab of my meatloaf home. We ate it today as a sandwich. 

My husband went to the Y today. He reported that except for the  employee checking in members, nobody had on a mask. I am sure not all of these people are inoculated. It kind of disappointed me. I thought in a few months I might return to the Y; now I am pretty sure I will not feel safe there for a long time.

We will have slightly warmer weather this weekend. I will try to take a walk around my neighborhood. I will get some exercise and fresh air that way.

My brother-in-law got a Moderna shot yesterday! Indiana opened the shots to those 60 and older. He was able to go in on the same day. I know a few people that have received the Moderna shot from the Kroger pharmacy in Warsaw, also with almost no wait. The local newspaper said that our county was receiving 500 doses per week, but this week they received 1500. There is no scarcity for those eligible right now. 

I am looking at possibilities for a short trip in a few months. Right now I am exploring Starved Rock State Park in Illinois maybe in May. We might stay at a near-by resort either in the lodge or in a condo (log-cabin decor). I am not sure we would do a lot of cooking so a lodge room would be OK. But the condo units have kitchens, whirlpool in the master bedroom, and fireplaces. It might be nice to have room to play board games on a dining table and a fridge for takeout food or an oven for pizza. I will probably decide in the next week whether to make a reservation. 

We do feel that with the shots we can take more risk, i.e., eating in restaurants and taking a little vacation trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment