Tuesday, February 16, 2021

A Big Snow

 It snowed most of last night and into early morning. 8 to 10 inches were predicted. I am not very good at estimating snowfall amounts, but this is the biggest we have seen all winter. The city and county offices, library, and schools are closed. We already had some snow on the ground from previous storms, but I would say we got around 8 new inches.


Usually, the areas of Indiana south of us get less, but this storm barreled out of Texas and hit further south. We have lots of glorious sunshine today, but temperatures will not go above freezing until next weekend and early next week. We will get up to 38 degrees so maybe there is a possibility the snow will start melting then. 



It was light fluffy snow; we had lots of wind. Usually our porch doesn't get covered, but this morning we had some there.

I don't have to go anywhere today. My husband has an appointment with the barber this afternoon. He went out around 8:30 a.m. to clean off his truck.


The plow had made an earlier pass, but soon was back. Our truck was moved, and the plow driver went to work to clean out the end of our cul-de-sac.


There is a paved path between these two houses that goes over to the main campus. Residents had requested snow removal, but I don't think they will get to that chore for this storm for quite awhile. We are grateful they plowed the roads fairly quickly for us.




The second stalk of my amaryllis started blooming yesterday. These flowers are not as large as the first stalk's. Still it is nice to have something non-snowy to enjoy for a few days.


I am starting to gather up the documents/information I need to file our income tax returns. I will concentrate on that task this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment