Saturday, May 23, 2020

Bloom and Zoom

I plan to grill some hamburgers on this holiday weekend. I also bought some sweet corn and potato salad. We will fly the US flag from our porch flagpole Monday. The sacrifices most of us are making during the pandemic lockdowns seem puny compared with those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.

Lots of iris buds but no blooms yet at the front corner of the house. I do have cheddar pink blossoms. I think this is the largest number of flowers on this plant since I put it in the patio plot several years ago. I guess it likes lots of rain. I hope it continues to spread. I would like it to fill in the front of the plot.
A hint of red sprouts for the portulaca, but they do not like sitting in pools of standing water. Last year it wasn't until the end of July they finally grew, and the year before that they all drowned so there were no flowers. I bought a pot at the store to get them started again. The veronica (speedwell) is growing well; too early for its flowers. Maybe in 2-3 weeks. It is nice to have happy things to anticipate.

Our Zoom session had problems. The newbie could not get her camera and microphone working. She could hear and see us, but we could see only an icon representing her and no sound. Finally, she did get the camera to work, and we used chat and nodding of heads to communicate. She was really hesitant to try. Maybe we will have to practice a few times, just the two of us, before trying all 3 sisters again. It was obvious we all needed haircuts. The beauty salons are open again in Indiana, but a big backlog. I finally found someone to cut my hair on June 4th. I hope she is good because she is going to have a shapeless head of hair to work with.

Some rain predicted for us but temperatures in the low 80s the next few days. Right now it is warm with a nice light breeze. Good grilling weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment