Saturday, August 10, 2019

Plymouth Farmers' Market

I really enjoyed my visit to the Plymouth Farmers' Market last summer. I decided I would return this year. Finally got there this morning. It is open 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. It is located at River Plaza Park on Garro Street. The booths are set up in a circle. There is a shaded area with picnic tables in the middle of the circle which is where my husband parked himself after buying a piece of cherry pie and a cup of coffee. My sister-in-law and I went our separate ways browsing to see what was offered, but we met up again several times. It is easy to spot your companion with the way things are laid out.

I bought these sausages at the grocery store. Today I was in the hunt for veggies to sautee with them for tonight's supper.

The sweet corn I will save for tomorrow night. The peppers and zucchini I will cook with onion and the sausage.
I bought extra zukes because I want to grate them and freeze to make zucchini bread this fall.

The cupcake is a sweet extra. Last year I tried the almond raspberry; this year the strawberry lemon. My husband and I shared one cupcake at lunch. It was yummy. There was a dab of strawberry jelly in the middle.


I was hoping there would be some flowers for sale. There were several sunflowers, but I decided on a small bouquet. Sometimes the Warsaw farmers' market has sunflowers late in the summer  and early fall. I bought this from a booth run by a Mennonite family. The little girl took my cash, and the mother watched as she made change.

I will probably go at least once more, though my next 2 Saturdays are busy or out of town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment