Thursday, August 29, 2019

Goodies Galore

Yesterday afternoon the doorbell rang. There stood my back-door neighbor. Her husband was at the back of their car pulling out 4 ears of sweet corn. They had been in Mentone, and a man made available free corn to anyone wanting some. They picked up some for us.

I also received a phone call from a church friend that her guest for the evening had to cancel, and she had a crockpot full of chicken, potatoes, and green beans. She wanted to know if we would join them. We accepted the short-notice invitation. I had a peach pie in the oven, and I told her I would bring it. So now we have pie left to eat but not a whole pie to eat by ourselves. 

She has a garden. I left with some nice tomatoes. Mine from Michigan were already gone.
I don't know what the deal is with cheap roses. There must be a glut somewhere. Owens had a dozen for $6 again, but Martin's showed them up by offering today only a dozen roses for $2.99.

It has been a few days of shared and bargain goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment