Wednesday, June 26, 2019

The Celebration Continues

 


Yesterday I attended the Grace Village monthly birthday/anniversary party. Those celebrating anniversaries choose a rose. Since I love pink roses, I took that rather than the red or yellow ones. One couple was celebrating their 71st anniversary. Amazing!

My yellow lilies finally have some buds. My neighbors have full blooms, but for some reason mine usually lag several weeks behind. My over-one backdoor neighbor has hydrangeas blooming. They are a lime green when they first open. I like them when they turn white which should be next week probably. She already said I could have some to put in a vase.

I planted some Asiatic lilies several weeks ago. They are loosing petals. Very pretty but short-lived re flowering. According to the internet once they do that I should deadhead so the plant puts energy into the bulb not into producing seeds. They are perennials and should come back next year.

I gave my potted geranium some plant food a few weeks ago. I cut off the spent bloom stalks Monday. New ones are opening every day now. It is going to be very hot the next 10 days, with increased humidity as well. We have our air conditioner on now though we are using it infrequently. That will probably change. I have been using a top sheet on the bed, no blanket.

In a few weeks I will go to the farmers' market or Sweet Corn Charlie to see what kind of produce is ripening. We did have some decent sweet corn from Kroger last week. 

Enjoying all that summer offers.



No comments:

Post a Comment