Saturday, June 8, 2019

Beautiful Weather

We are having beautiful weather now. Sunny days around 78-80 with nights around 60. We have had the windows open to let in the fresh air. 

This morning after splitting a Special Imperial omelet with my husband at American Table, we drove to Lincoln Park subdivision for the annual garage sale. I didn't find anything to buy, but walking around the neighborhood was pleasant. 

My irises have finished blooming. Now the knockout roses are in flower. The stems are very short and often more than one bud on a stem, but I found a few to put in a vase.
I had an early morning medical appointment in Fort Wayne yesterday. Afterwards I shopped at Kohl's and Macy's. In Macy's Last Act discount section, I found a dress for $4.96. It is a bit shorter than I normally wear; it skims the top of my knee. If I feel too self-conscious wearing it, I will wear it with tights or maybe with leggings as a top.

With its darker colors and long sleeves, it is probably best for spring or autumn wear. The bodice is smocked.
I started one of the jigsaw puzzles I bought at FOL sale in North Webster. Inside was a folded up paper with a note that said piece chewed on by our cat. The puzzle is turning out to be very hard and at 1000 pieces bigger than I like. I may give it another week, but I have done the easiest parts (the birds). At least next week is not very busy for me though I plan to get my second Shingrix shot.
Soon it will officially be summer. The forecasts don't show very hot weather for the next 10 days but some rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment