Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Getting Ready for Easter

As a girl in California, the special treat at Easter was a See's Candy chocolate egg. If there were a store near me, I might continue the tradition, but alas I must substitute. But I have some good subs. Dark chocolate of course. We will see how the Godiva compares to the Lindt bunny.
Yesterday I bought an Easter lily at Meijer. I tried to find one with unopened blooms. The one I picked out had one bloom just starting to open and another not far behind. This morning they are both open a bit more. I really want to have a plant full of blooms on Easter Sunday, but the timing is always tricky. I really like the patterned purple paper around the pot.


The daffies are opening up now. I had tried to replant some of the bulbs deeper last fall as the winter soil heaving had brought them partially to the surface; but I still have blind daffodils (no blooms) any way. Still it is nice to have a few cheery blooms. Now I will have to keep my eyes on the tulip plants in the neighborhood so I will know when to visit Peabody Retirement Community again for its multitude of flowers. Probably not until May this year.

Our roller coaster weather goes from 70 one day to 45-50 the next. The ten-day forecast even shows the chance for light snow. We have sat in our sunroom twice for lunch in the past week and a half with the patio door ajar to hear the bird sounds. Too windy to sit on the porch yet. 

I don't buy an Easter outfit each year like I did as a child and teen. No matter what the weather is like that day, I can just pick something out of the closet that is suitable. I am going to Fort Wayne on Friday and will look for a Springy top or blouse, but not with the idea of an Easter outfit.

In the past few weeks I have arrived at the library to find plastic bags of books one time and three boxes of books another time. The bags held large-print fiction books. The lady who was donating 8 Love Inspired books each month has stopped. I moved the non-fiction large-print books (about two dozen) to the countertop next to the Love Inspired books. That was the only way to have room for the fiction gifts. I am almost done cataloging them.

Most of the books in the boxes duplicated what we have; there were maybe a dozen keepers. I have my book truck shelves double-rowed I have so many books to process. I am busy with other things and unmotivated to spend time in the library other than to shelve returned books. It may be several weeks to clear off the book truck. I have a tablecloth draped over the truck because in spite of a sign saying not to remove items, they were disappearing. The cloth doesn't quite cover the bottom shelf. Sure enough, a book from there is gone. There are also grimy fingerprints on the tablecloth where somebody eating in the library decided they needed to explore. It is what it is. The library is accessible 24 hours a day; no way to monitor what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment