Friday, December 22, 2017

Cozy Winter Afternoon

It is a gray misty second day of winter. Wednesday I had some shopping to do and decided to look for a new jigsaw puzzle. I really wanted something Christmasy, but there were none in the 3 stores where I looked. Instead I bought a cozy winter puzzle.




I thought this was a fun puzzle to do. I discovered small details as I worked on it. I hadn't noticed the mice in the picture while in the store.
Sorry they are blurry, but they are above the pillow next to the logs.
The rocks that made up the fireplace were the hard parts. No sky, but non-descript rocks.


We have been munching on Spritz Christmas cookies. I ran out of frosting. LOL. I gave 4 of my neighboring condos a plate of these with homemade chocolate chip cookies (all "left-overs" gone!) and some candies, including those white chocolate peppermint truffles I love made by Lindt. This is the first time in years that I have baked goodies for the neighbors. 

The songs my choir sang last Friday night keep going through my head. Not bad for earworms.

I picked up two books at the Grace Village library this morning. Tiffany Girl by Deeanne Gist. I enjoy this author. Then Washington's Lady by Nancy Moser. I have never read any by her, but this one about Martha Washington caught my attention since I have recently seen her impersonator at Colonial Williamsburg.



No comments:

Post a Comment