Friday, August 11, 2017

Too Little Water

This is the year of water mishaps. I had too much water when the sensor on my washing machine failed and water flooded part of my house. Yesterday a part was broken in the condo community water system about 4 p.m. I came home from working in the library, turned on the water to fill my plant watering can, and all I got was a trickle. Too little water.

It took them until after 9 p.m. to finish the repair. The adhesive they used had to set up so we didn't get water back until 7 a.m. today. Now we have been told that any water used for consumption or cooking must be boiled. The health officials must take two days of samples before they OK human consumption. Unfortunately, they don't work on the weekend so we are to boil our water until at least Monday.

Fortunately, we do have water for flushing toilets, showering, watering plants now. I keep several sealed plastic jugs of water on hand because with a well system a storm that knocks out the power means no well water. It is a nuisance for most of us; for our neighbor with cancer it is very risky. It makes you appreciate the convenience of potable water.

No comments:

Post a Comment