Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Bedroom Blooms; Edibles

After a busy weekend of family reunion activities here in Winona Lake (46 total attendees), I am getting caught up on some library duties.

However, last Friday I bought a country decorating book at the library book sale. I cut out some pictures for my folders last night. That inspired me to do some shopping at Heart of the Lakes Antiques in North Webster, then across the street at Tangibles consignment store this morning. I didn't find what I am on the hunt for, but I did pick up this pretty pillow.


It is nice to have a little color in my bedroom chair from this cross-stitch pillow. It is another step in the feminizing of my room now that it is mine alone.

Sometimes it just takes shifting things around to bring happiness. The little pitcher/vase from my grandmother sat on my bedroom chest of drawers which had a mirror flanked by little display shelves. That is the dresser I replaced recently, losing the display space. However, I decided to put the pens on my round table into the vase and use the vase there. I really like the change.

On my way home from the antique store I stopped at a farm stand just south of North Webster. Bought two nice tomatoes. I am grilling turkey burgers tonight; tomato slices will enhance the burgers. My back-door neighbor bought some sweet corn yesterday and gave us 2 ears. We will eat those tonight, too. Summer goodness. I missed the farmers market last Saturday because of the reunion, but God has provided summer produce for us anyway.
This new product was on sale at Meijer. I had a coupon for $1 off and decided this would be a good time to try them. They come as 9 single-wrapped bars. The taste reminds me of Andes mints, but there is a layer of crushed chocolate cookie crumbs incorporated. I will keep my eye out for another sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment