Thursday, June 29, 2017

Pretties

I just watered my porch plants. The geranium is getting quite a few new buds after the falling disaster. The petunias are still putting out blooms, too. The roses and Stella de Oro lilies are almost finished blooming so it is nice to have the potted flowers to give some color.



At the monthly birthday/anniversary party at Grace Village, I picked up this beautiful rose given to us in celebration of our anniversary. They often have interesting choices for the roses. If I hadn't selected this one, I probably would have taken one of the ash mauve ones. The birthday honorees get carnations.

The chest of drawers I ordered over 3 months ago from an Amish furniture store in Nappanee is finally done! They delivered it yesterday. It is bigger than I remember; that gives me more space than I anticipated. The footprint is smaller than the bureau with mirror it replaced. Thinking ahead to one day maybe moving to an apartment or Assisted Living apartment. This is called a Cornwall chest re the invoice. Next will be the replacement of the queen-sized bed with a twin, but that won't be for several years.


No comments:

Post a Comment