Saturday, June 3, 2017

Frogged

You may remember I bought 3 skeins of purple yarn at a moving sale. I started knitting the pattern below.
However, I am a tight knitter, and the knit two together section was difficult for me. After doing 3 rows, I decided I didn't like the way this "lacy" part looked. I did like the way this yarn with its variegated purple/blue looked in the seed stitch (the first part of the cowl).

So, I frogged (unraveled) all of the knitting I had finished and designed my own cowl done in all seed stitches. I did the seaming today. Not very pretty; I don't have experience doing seaming. It will do, however.

I was unable to get a photo with the true colors in the finished cowl. Though the photo below the cowl is a bit blurry, it represents the variegated yarn colors better, still not quite as purple as in reality. The wool yarn was excellent to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment