Sunday, October 23, 2016

Subdued Autumn

 

I finally did my walk on the Winona Trails. Lots of people out there today walking, biking, running, walking dogs, even one lady in a wheelchair.

 Though there are yellow, red, some orange leaves, the colors seem subdued this year. At the church potluck today someone mentioned the foliage seemed to be falling off quickly as well. It was mostly the golden yellow standing out on this afternoon.



I took the tripod that my sister-in-law no longer wanted on the walk. It isn’t very heavy, but it is kind of awkward to carry around and put the camera on and take off. I would say the scene of the creek and the berries would have been blurry without the tripod.


If I were going to a flower show or botanical garden where close-ups would be quite likely, the tripod would be a must. Otherwise, probably not.

The Heritage Trail/Greenway has several art installations.





The fences add color.


Not a lot of interest to photograph really, but it was a pleasant day with wind rustling the leaves.  I didn’t walk the trail section from the Miller Athletic Complex to Grace College Campus. Maybe another time yet this fall though I guess the window is getting narrow for leaf peeping.







No comments:

Post a Comment