Friday, October 21, 2016

Brisk Autumn Day

 

I had hoped to walk on the Winona Lake trails this afternoon, but though we have periods of sunshine among the clouds, there is a brisk wind. The internet temperature says it feels like 50 degrees. I am a wimp. I will try on Sunday afternoon when we should be mid-sixties.

I put my electric blanket on the bed yesterday. I had it on a low setting last night; it felt so nice. I had trouble leaving its warmth to get ready to go out for breakfast with my husband this morning. It is still dark at 7 a.m., and I am not a morning person anyway.

I went to a book sale at Grace College library on Monday. I bought 4 books. I went back today, and the books are now half price. I bought Thoene’s All Rivers to the Sea for $1, the last book of the Galway Chronicles series, and the only one Grace Village library needs. I have been busy weeding to make room on the shelves again. I think I may look at my series desiderata list and withdraw books where we have only a smattering of a long series. I have very little money left, and the chances of finding the books to fill the gaps at a cheap price aren’t very high. However, I am tired of the constant need to get rid of books. That is an aspect of my library work that brings no joy.

There is a smattering of moss roses, but I will need to clean out that bed in another week or so. The slow descent into cold weather has started. I see the prediction is for wetter and colder for winter 2017 for the Midwest and Great Lakes area. That forecast also doesn’t bring joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment