Monday, August 29, 2016

Fine Arts Festival

My sister-in-law and I attended an arts festival at Oakwood Resort in Syracuse, Indiana, Saturday August 27th. When we arrived, we cruised thru the closest parking lot, and God provided us with the single vacant spot. That came in handy when we left for lunch.

Good thing we took our umbrellas because shortly after arriving it poured rain for about 40 minutes. Instead of eating at the festival, we went to a nearby restaurant. While eating, a gent came in from the charter boat docked at the pier. He carried some floral centerpieces left from an event the night before. He gave us each one, and went to get some more for other diners.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This sits in a glass cube that came with the flowers. Very pretty.

Oakwood is a nice venue, but a few more vendors would have been better. It was supposedly a juried show, but I saw no ribbons/recognitions displayed nor any instructions of a special exhibit of winners.The quality of the products was excellent though. Mostly paintings/prints, woodworking, pottery, fiber arts, and jewelry.

There was special music and children’s activities (balloon animals, painting, pony rides for a charge, face painting). They finally took the ponies to shelter during the thunderstorm, but one vendor had alpacas on display along with products made from the wool. After the storm, I attempted to view the wares, but the stinky wet animals were too much. I hurriedly moved on.

On the way home, we stopped at Tangibles where I had purchased my mirror. My sister-in-law purchased a very attractive wall art picture.

It was a nice opportunity to chat on the trip and during lunch though I purchased nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment