Saturday, August 22, 2015

Fantastic Friday

I started my Friday with visits to 2 garage sales. One of these was out on a country road north of me, but since I wanted to go to North Webster it wasn’t a wasted drive.  Highway 13 is closed in the area I needed to travel which meant finding an alternate route anyway.

More hangers. LOL.

In North Webster, I bought nothing at Heart of the Lakes Antiques, but the newer consignment shop across the road had a wall mirror I decided to buy after much mulling over the decision. The last time I was in this store, I saw a mirror that interested me, but I wanted to bring my husband to look at it. When we returned a few days later, that mirror was sold. So I decided to plunge ahead with this purchase.



Now that I have it home, I wonder if maybe it is a little fancy for my décor. We will have to put in a work order to get Grace Village maintenance staff to hang it. Much too heavy for us to do. It wasn’t expensive; if I decide it doesn’t fit, I can try selling it later.

 

After lunch, I went to Carson’s which was having a big sale. I wanted some peds (what we called them growing up) to fit in my Skechers I bought at the end of July.


Since they were next to the lingerie department, I browsed there. I found a nightgown by one of my favorite brands marked down 70% plus I had a coupon for an additional discount. $16 for what was originally marked as $68. At that price, I couldn’t pass it by.

I had received a phone call Thursday evening that the new carpeting was installed in the Grace Village Library. Friday afternoon I drove over to the main campus. I was pleasantly surprised to find the computers had been hooked back up. A few pieces of furniture weren’t quite in place; I did a bit of shifting. The book return box was full (my assistant had emptied it Wednesday). I did some shelving and headed home.

 We had some tasty chicken fajitas for supper along with Indiana musk melon. This morning I went to the farmers’ market for sweet corn and small tomatoes. Grilling marinated pork chops tonight. Enjoying the pretty day which is a repeat of yesterday’s lovely weather. Isn’t late August grand?

No comments:

Post a Comment