Friday, June 17, 2016

Content

 

I’m in one of my contentment cycles. I look around my home, and I am pleased. It’s 84 degrees outside. On my walk home from the retirement library, I stopped and picked a sprig from the bushes against the garage wall of the house in front of me which is empty.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I put it in the vase owned by my grandmother which is now mine. The flowers come out pretty indistinct in the photo. Not a good choice because as I rearranged the sprig, these teeny pick petals fell off all over the table.

I got a sugar-free popsicle out of the fridge. Now I’ll read the half dozen blogs I follow trying to cool off. Probably need to turn the air conditioner on to do that though.

It seems like we just got over winter and a cold spring and now it feels like summer. They are predicting a hot dry summer for us because of la nina. I guess that means el nino is gone. Can’t do anything about the weather anyway.

I checked out a book from the public library this morning about writing memoirs. Since my life is pretty boring, I doubt the book will inspire me to write anything worthwhile, but I do seem attracted to that kind of writing.

How are you spending your “summer” days?

No comments:

Post a Comment