Saturday, December 5, 2015

Ready for Christmas


The house is finally decorated for Christmas. I bought a pink poinsettia this year. I have never had one that color, but I am enjoying the change. What colors have you purchased?

 I moved the floor lamp with its 3 platforms from the living room to the sun room so that I could put the Christmas tree where it is easily seen. This year I decided to decorate the lamp shelves.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

These are ornaments that no longer fit on my tree since I down-sized to a table tree, but I still like to see these ornaments from years ago.

 

The middle shelf has a nativity scene made from wood and thorns from an African thorn tree which my sister who served as a missionary in Niger gave me.

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The top shelf is a juvenile manger scene that I purchased from Family Bookstore in Mesquite, TX

I did some shopping this morning and unless I see something special to add to my husband’s gifts, I am done. Next week I will focus on wrapping and shipping those gifts that need to go to loved ones far away.

 

We are having a mild winter so far. I guess El Nino is actually making a difference. We have reservations for two nights on Captiva Island, Florida the end of January, followed by 2 weeks in New Smyrna, Florida in a rented condo. I just learned that there will be a rocket launch on February 3rd from Cape Canaveral. We will be very close to Cape Canaveral National Seashores and should be able to see the rocket as it goes heavenward. That should be fun.

 

Grace Village has its residents’ Christmas dinner December 8th. The choir puts on its concert on December 18th. I usually put out some Christmas books in the hall display, and folks seem to be taking them to read. The Fort Wayne Philharmonic puts on a Christmas pops concert in various communities. They will be in Warsaw December 13th, and we have tickets. We are all gearing up to celebrate the birth of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment