Thursday, December 17, 2015

Cranberry and Pistachio Cookies

PC161455


Tomorrow is the choir Christmas concert. Afterwards, we will have a party. I signed up to bring cookies. I am trying a recipe I saw on a blog. I thought it would be pretty easy. The red of the cranberry and the green of the pistachios would be festive holiday colors. I did taste one, and it is quite good, but the hoped-for colors not really as I would like. If I were to make them again, I would up the amount of dried cranberries to at least 3/4 cup for more color and flavor.


Cranberry and Pistachio Cookies (30 cookies—I ended up with 32)


Ingredients:
1 package of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix (1 lb. 1.5 oz. pouch)
This will require 1 egg and 1 stick of butter or margarine re the package instructions
1/2 cup Pistachios, shelled and chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup white chocolate chips


Instructions:
1. Follow the instructions for drop cookies on the Betty Crocker cookie mix package.
2. Add Pistachios, dried cranberries, and white chocolate chips
3. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place 3-4 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet
4. Bake according to package instructions.
5. Store in an air-tight container.


PC161456

No comments:

Post a Comment