Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Merry Christmas


Merry Christmas

I just took off my Nike shoes and put on my black velvet ballet slippers. That means I intend to stay inside for the rest of the day. Windows Live Writer didn't work last post and still will not allow me to publish a post written using it. I am using the composer associated with Blogger with which I am unfamiliar and awkward.

After spotty showers this morning, steady rain has set in since 1 p.m. There is a thunder storm warning alert, but so far other than drowning my flower bed (wonder if the crocus bulbs will rot) and a pickup of wind, nothing severe.

Tonight we will eat left-over southwest chicken. Tomorrow the choucroute will bake while we are at a Christmas Eve service. This afternoon I made egg nog pie for tomorrow evening's meal and for Christmas evening dinner. We are joining family for brunch on the 25th. In the evening we will have pork tenderloin with orange sauce.

We are ready to celebrate Christmas: the meals planned out, the decorations up, the packages wrapped. Yet my heart is heavy for so many people struggling emotionally and physically. Premature twin boys still in the hospital trying to gain weight, my friend who had cancer surgery and faces radiation and a very uncertain future, the families of those killed in San Bernardino and Charleston and Oregon, refugees seeking a safe place and not finding welcome. Our world seems very dark and ugly, much in need of the Light that shone out of Bethlehem. May we turn to our Redeemer with faith and hope.



1 comment:

  1. Good news! The twins are home! They still have a ways to go to thrive and put on the needed weight, but they are in the loving arms of family at home this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete