Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Winding Down Update

Not quite so humid this morning though it is warming up fast. I walked over a block to take a photo of the sunflowers. Our neighbor painted his house a bright red while we were in California. It makes a nice contrast to the flowers.

 As long as I was outside, I took a peek to find the cheddar pinks. Hurray! They are alive and have even grown a little. No buds or blossoms. I don’t have enough experience with them to know whether they will bloom again when the weather turns cooler; but they did survive the terrible winter of 2014 so they probably will come back next spring. I started weeding the moss roses, but when I got kind of sweaty, I decided to cut short the weeding session. It was mostly that weed that forms a flat mat and when you grab far enough down the whole mat comes up at once so it wasn’t very much labor.

 Hope your summer is going well. The humidity will drop some, but we do expect temperatures in the 80’s clear through next week, with chances of thunder storms most days.

No comments:

Post a Comment