Thursday, August 21, 2014

Peach Cobbler Snack Cake

P8190732

 

Of the 3 recipes for peach desserts from the internet that I tried, I think I liked this best. All the ingredients are things that I normally have on hand so if I buy peaches and they ripen and need to be eaten, I can easily make this recipe.  The other desserts were rather rich or time-consuming to make. The internet photo had whipped cream on top. It is a nice moist cake and doesn’t need that. Whipping cream is not something I keep around. If I were to make this for invited guests, I might make cream; for family, not.

peach-cobbler-2

Peach Cobbler Snack Cake

Yields 12

Ingredients

1 cup granulated sugar plus 3 teaspoons, divided

2 1/2 cups sliced peaches

1/2 teaspoon corn starch

2 cups flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1 1/2 cups whole milk

3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Instructions

Spray an 8-x-8-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

1. In a small bowl, combine 3 teaspoons sugar and corn starch. Toss peaches in the mixture and coat evenly. Set aside.

2. In a medium bowl, sift together 1 cup sugar, flour, salt and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk together milk and butter. Slowly pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until incorporated.

3. Pour cake batter into prepared baking dish. Press sliced peaches into the cake batter and place some on top. Put in the oven and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Notes

Peach Cobbler Snack Cake will keep up to 3 days stored in an airtight container

I haven’t verified its keeping duration. Probably won’t either because I think it will be gone quickly. I did put it in the refrigerator to store. I checked my cake at 45 minutes of baking and it was almost done. Gave it about 4 minutes of additional baking time. An hour would have been too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment