Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Fresh Michigan Peaches

We took a drive to Eau Claire, Michigan today to a farm market that sells peaches. We had stopped at Piedt's last year. I had called ahead to make sure they had peaches this week. It is located at 7304 East Main Street. (269) 325-2664. The peaches are tree-ripened, but even so, they are not ready to eat yet. That’s good because I need to look thru my peach recipes.

It was a nice day for a drive. It took us about 1 1/2 hours to arrive at the farm market. We turned off of the main highway and drove several miles on Michigan 140 through the orchards and countryside. We drove back the same way except when 140 ended, we drove south on M139 into Niles for lunch.

We stopped at El Amigo Pepe. When the Garmin announced the destination, I thought for a moment it had goofed. There was a car wash; but next door was a small eatery declaring “authentic Mexican food”. My husband tried the pambazo; he asked for the sausage filling.


 

I had never heard of this dish before. I ordered a chicken burrito. I am not an adventuresome eater. The food was tasty and the service attentive in this small restaurant.

When we got back to Warsaw, we stopped at the new McDonald’s right off of Highway 15. A very modern look, including large screen TVs and a digital order board. We just had sundaes.

What kinds of things do you like to make with peaches?

No comments:

Post a Comment