Wednesday, January 15, 2014

More Selfies

“[Hope is] resting in the imperfections of today because you believe that tomorrow there is possibility.” www.thenester.com

This quote was shared by Ann Voskamp. My foot is not yet perfect, but I am starting to see real possibilities for improvement.



It is looking and feeling better. I am doing more physical therapy exercises now. These are mostly done with a band for resistance.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The main goals are to increase strength and endurance so I can get rid of the boot. I am walking now with the boot, sometimes with a cane, but around the house mostly without assistance. My best exercise in terms of easiness for me is the marble pick-up.

P1130059

The band of muscles closest to my toes are quite strong already. The hardest exercises are those related to dorsiflexion, i.e., bending my foot backwards. Besides a bit of increased pain, that movement makes me feel the stiffness of my ankle. I am going to try the lace-up brace instead of the boot this weekend. I may have to rely on the cane more again. I hope in one week to start transitioning into a regular shoe. To do that, I have to be faithful in my exercises so I have a strong and stable foot. When I compare my two feet, I can see that the right foot does have some slight swelling. That may last for several more months, making shoe selection rather narrow. I don’t care what shoe I have on as long as I can freely ambulate again.

No comments:

Post a Comment