Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Bye-Bye Boot

As of today, it has been 8 weeks since my surgery to repair a torn peroneal tendon. Yesterday I tried using the post-op shoe instead of the CAM boot. By early evening, the pain in my foot had increased. I decided to use the lace-up brace instead. That brace irritates my incision along the upper part on the ankle bone. However, today I do have the lace-up brace on with my Nike walking shoe. I will talk to the therapist tomorrow about how to transition out of it. Use the post-op shoe? Use a regular shoe? Do it for short intervals? With the cane or without the cane?

                                                             My current footwear


Should I try this next? I am already using this for short distances such as getting to the bathroom during the night.

 

This morning I wheeled the knee walker into my guest room for storage. It is retired. Without the boot, I can now drive a car again, too. Lots of important changes. Because we keep getting snow every few days, I will continue with the cane when walking outside on slick pavement. I am making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment