Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Looking and Feeling Like Fall

It is finally looking and feeling like fall. I believe we will put the electric blanket on the bed tonight. I did find time last week to do some autumn decorating.

I needed a fall centerpiece for Literary Club today. I had been thinking of filling my copper pitcher anyway. Not great, but I didn’t want to spend a lot of money. Not only did it serve my purpose, I now have it on the entry table.


 

One way I decorate is to frame Holly Hobby pictures from old calendars. I change these out each season. I had bought a turkey and Thanksgiving banner window cling set for the bulletin board for GV library. There were some other smaller clings; I added them to the frame of the calendar picture.

Hard to photograph these framed calendar pictures because of the glare on the acrylic frame. You get some idea of how they look.

 The leaves on the trees have changed rapidly the past few days. I love autumn.

 I am still struggling with the healthcare site. When I clicked on my application, it said I had not completed it. I clicked on the information boxes that appeared, though they already had information. Finally a signature box appeared. I typed in my name and submitted. Shortly after that, I received an email that I had new messages. There was successful submission and completion of my application. Hooray. But when I opened the message, it was a PDF notification file with a letter that referenced a table that was not visible. It did not flatly state I was eligible. There is a tab on the top of my account page that says buy and enroll in insurance. It is inoperable. I called the helpline and received zero help. The lady kept saying if I waited until later when the site wasn’t so busy I would be able to log in. I told her I was logged in and viewing my eligibility notice that didn’t make sense because it referenced a table that was not there. Same “explanation” was given. She didn’t seem to have a clue as to my problem, other than I should have received a letter in a pdf. So if I received notification, why can’t I advance to the next step? She didn’t know. I will wait a few days and try again. I can be very persistent, but I fear lots of people are dropping out of the process in frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment