Monday, July 8, 2013

Busy

Besides celebrating the holiday with family, I have been busy this past weekend and today enrolling in a program of Road Scholar , formerly Elder Hostel. For the most part, we have been independent travelers. We are going to try this program in Quebec, Canada. I did have to spend time on the internet lining up air transportation as this company mainly does that for international trips, but this is considered North American and not international by them. It is a bit expensive in my opinion to use Road Scholar, but hopefully the extras like camaraderie and educational talks will add value.

 

The other way I have been spending time is harvesting rice. Not literally, but by participating with people in my church to “earn” grains of rice by answering questions correctly. Free Rice has you select categories in which to answer questions (multiple choice). Our church has a goal of 500,000 grains by August. So far, we have about 100,000. We could use more participants.

 

It is supposed to cool down by the end of the week, and the rain we have been experiencing should go away. I hope to pick blueberries Friday morning. My husband and I pick about 10-12 pounds each summer. We freeze most of those to use throughout the year. I also hope to visit the farmers’ market Saturday. May be a little early for tomatoes though. Love God’s gift of summer produce.

 

How are you spending your summer days?

No comments:

Post a Comment