Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Flood!

I started my washing machine, added the detergent, and left to remove some withdrawn books from the computerized data base. After awhile, I realized I didn't hear the washing machine agitating. As I walked toward the hallway, there was a strange white swirl pattern on the carpet. Yikes! The washing machine overflowed!

In the hallway bathroom, the bath mat and one of the throw rugs was actually floating there was so much water in there. Our bathroom flooring is a wood-look-alike laminate. I immediately called maintenance to report my flood. I started mopping up water into a bucket from the bathroom. Unfortunately, the water soaked the carpet in the hall, into the living room, into the closets in the bedroom next to the laundry area (which is behind doors in the hall). Most of the water was vacuumed up in the bathroom; now we are trying a water extractor on the carpet.

Please pray that we will be able to take steps to prevent mold. I have asthma so mold would be very bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment