Tuesday, May 2, 2017

A Bit of Kondo-izing

I decided to sort through my kitchen towel drawer while the maintenance man and my husband ran the wet vacs and water extractor machine. It kept me out of their way.

One of the characteristics of the KonMari method is folding. She does not like piles of things on top of each other. I didn't do that in my bedroom, but I kind of like the result in the towel drawer. I was getting in the habit of using the same top towels over and over again. Now I can see the pretty colors and choose something else. I did get rid of 6 towels. I do not store my Christmas towels in the kitchen; they are with some Christmas placemats, etc.
Since I had to take a lot of my books off the hall bookcase so we could move it from the creeping water, I guess I will at least get started in going through those books, which are mostly cookbooks. May as well have something good come from my crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment