Saturday, May 6, 2017

Cookie Celebration

We can finally breathe a sigh of relief. Though the maintenance man asked us to keep running two fans (they are taking two back to the main campus) and the dehumidifier until tonight but not through the night, the end is in sight. Unfortunately, the flood damage abatement company is closed Saturday and Sunday so we have no way to get the probe to test for dry padding. However, it is really dry in the house. My little temperature/humidity gauge says 30% and my skin and mucous linings are feeling dried out.

I bought the Ghirardelli cookie mix with a coupon previously and when it went on sale I bought another box because they are good. Of course I like dark chocolate, but these seem richer than the refrigerated cookie dough. Time to bake up a treat in anticipation of the end of the flood mitigation efforts.


You add one egg and a stick of butter (hence the richness). This mix makes about two dozen good-sized cookies.

I did a little more KonMari folding.
In the spirit of the Young Mum, I am not showing my underwear drawer. These are my nighties. The brightest square is my swimsuit. I have a new dresser I ordered with one less drawer coming in 4-6 weeks; I am trying the folding to see if it saves space. I think it does. The YouTube videos take quite awhile to go through with this purger/organizer but she mostly adheres to KonMari. Her folding is a little different but works.


This afternoon I am going to Goodwill for the half-off-price sale to look for some decorating books. The sun is shining and my whole day is looking brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment