Monday, July 22, 2024

Summer Produce

 

We enjoyed sweet corn tonight. I have been buying it from Martin's instead of Sweet Corn Charley as I can buy just a few ears at a time instead of a half dozen or a dozen. This is locally grown (Goshen) and cheaper than Charley's. 

Summer produce is showing up now. We had strawberry shortcake, too.


Friday night we had Key lime pie with blueberry sauce. I did not make the pie. I bought Edward's which I prefer to other brands. I did make the blueberry sauce. The 6 of us eating the pie left only a small amount of sauce.


I have posted the recipe before but will repeat here.

Cinnamon-Blueberry Sauce

2 tablespoons sugar (I use less depending on the sweetness of the berries)

1 teaspoon cornstarch

1 cup blueberries

2 tablespoons water

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Blend sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Makes about 2/3 cup


No comments:

Post a Comment