Monday, June 3, 2024

Counted Cross Stitch

 As I have been looking through my house for things for the June 21st neighborhood garage sale, I noticed the embroidery floss left from the counted cross stitch projects I did long ago. I do not believe I will return to that hobby, so I offered the floss to a neighbor who does small projects. But she told me she had more than enough supplies as when she wintered in Florida several years ago, one of the ladies in the place she stayed was getting rid of her cross stitch materials and gave it all to her. So I will try to sell it cheaply at the sale.



If nothing else, people might buy them for the cases and the floss sorter/holders.

I mostly gave away the items I cross stitched, but I do have a few left. 


One of the most ambitious ones was the still life with tulips. A smaller project was a little oval.


A very specialized picture was the map of England where I stitched in the places we visited in 1983 when my husband was on sabbatical.



We did go to Edinburgh as well, but the pattern I had did not include Scotland.

After my cleaning lady comes this Wednesday, I will start setting out and pricing stuff for the garage sale. I warned her that when she comes on the 20th the den will be messy with piles of sales items that she will have to work around. Grace Village has some folding tables that they told my husband he could borrow. 

Not trying to make money as much as get rid of stuff. I think my pricing will be well-received. 


No comments:

Post a Comment