Sunday, September 4, 2022

Single White Bloom

 When I first had moss roses in my patio plot there was a variety of colors including white. After the standing water one wet spring, none of the sprouts appeared. A few years ago I purchased a plant and tried again.

In the past several years I have had no white moss roses. Last week a single white bloom appeared. Maybe it will have time to go to seed, and I will see a few more. Lots of the blooms seem more ruffly this year rather than cup-like.


The Knockout rose bush is getting flowers again after a dormant period. Fortunately, several of these seem to have longer stems and not in clumps of 3 or 4. I should be able to fill my budvase again.


We went to our friends' yard/garage sale Friday morning. This was supposedly a first sale in decades. There was junk, but not many attractive items. I bought a DVD movie, a jigsaw puzzle, and a travel version of Qwirkle. In the past I have packed the Qwirkle bag of tiles, but it took up a lot of space in my suitcase. This should pack easily, but of course the trade-off is the tiles are quite small.



I am ready for autumn. A few trees have some slight color, but mostly the trees and plants just seem faded and tired. The grass is still lush and green though.

 I ordered a set of 4 plates with forest creatures in fall settings for my plate rack. These are canape plates rather than dessert plates so smaller. The sales price on Macy's website was enticing. Now my news feed has photos of bowls and plates and cups from the bigger set. The canape plates are projected to arrive Wednesday. I will probably wait until the 17th to put them out along with my autumn pillow covers. Close enough to the autumnal equinox.

Starting to see football games on the TV. Notre Dame didn't win against Ohio, but they did better than I expected. 

We have had pleasant days; cool enough in the mornings to go walking, but of course I can't walk more than a few blocks. I did sit on my front porch reading a Hoopla ebook yesterday. It is book 2 in a 3-book series: Orphan Train series by Jody Hedlund. I had book 1 in softcover (purchased months ago at a book sale) and was pleased to see I can finish the series without a trip to the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment